PTC is holding its annual user meeting in Grapevine, Texas (near Dallas). I'm here with 2,000 attendees, a new record for this event. Some highlights from the morning keynotes:
- Dick Harrison, CEO, proudly states PTC's customer satisfaction is at an all time high, close to 7 out of 10. "No technology company has an 8." Sales representative turnover is now less that 10%. "Best in the industry."
- PTC is planning on meeting its $810-$820 million revenue projection for FY2006 and hopes to be a billion dollar company by FY08, joining its competitors Autodesk, UGS and Dassault, already members in the billion dollar club.
- Future company growth depends strongly on acquisition. Currently PTC is emphasizing Mathcad and Arbortext, products from companies acquired recently. "We now have the best-in-class creation tools."
- Why did PTC buy Arbortext? "For Pro/E users, it will be like finding a long lost cousin. ("Arbortext is Pro/ENGINEER for documents”)
- Mathcad integration will be available in August with Wildfire 3.0 M30